Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Connection! (Slight Spoiler Alert)

Do you think there is any correlation between Miranda's experiences and the book she is constantly rereading throughout the book.

The book is about a girl who goes to visit her father who has been kidnapped on another planet. She essentially has an impossible mission to undertake. I think the agelessness of the character within Miranda's book makes it relatable to anyone and the incredible journey and faith she has can be mirrored in the journey she takes to understand the clues and have faith that Marcus IS the crazy man on the street.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. A Wrinkle in Time was actually my favorite book growing up, and I was wondering myself how reading When you Reach Me differs for those who haven't read A Wrinkle in Time. A Wrinkle in Time actually involves time travel, and I thought it was interesting how the two books somewhat parallel each other. In A Wrinkle in Time, the main character is a young girl named Meg. Her father is missing and they find out through helpful motherly angelic creatures that he is actually trapped on another planet. Meg and her brother and friend travel through time by "tessering" to rescue her father. The book ends with a similar - huh?? - in that Meg arrives back home right before she would have left... as if no time had elapsed at all. I thought it was quite interesting how the same type of concept was included in the book (and it also helps explain why Meg was able to comprehend the idea of time travel since she read the book so many times).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read A Wrinkle in Time, but I, myself had wondered (once I found out it was about time travel) if that had any significance to what was going to happen in the book, which it did. I liked how the author included that in there and gave us some foreshadowing of what was to come in the book.

    Really, Katie? I think I might want to read this in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.